Irish soda bread
Printable version of this recipe
What you'll need:
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine milk and apple cider vinegar and whisk well. Let mixture sit for five minutes, or until nice a foamy.
- Add all-purpose baking mix and melted butter. Stir to combine with a wooden spoon. Mix for another minute to "knead" the bread.
- Grease a 9" round cake pan and place dough into pan. Slightly press dough with wooden spoon to take up most of the pan.
- Brush top of dough with extra milk, cut a big X into top of dough with a knife.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes. Let cool and slice.
- Add 1/2 cup raisins to the dough.
- Add 1/2 cup nuts (like walnuts, pecans, etc.) to the dough.