Pumpkin spiced scones with vanilla icing
Printable version of this recipe
What you'll need:
- 2 1/4 cup It's Wholesome all-purpose baking mix
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground clove
- 1/2 cup butter (non-dairy or dairy)
- 1 teaspoon ground falx
- 1/2 cup milk (non-dairy or dairy)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 package It's Wholesome vanilla frosting mix (made into icing variation)
- Toasted hazelnuts for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and grease a baking sheet. In a large mixing bowl combine the all-purpose baking mix, brown sugar, baking powder and spices and mix with two forks.
- Using the forks, mash the butter into the dry mixture until well incorporated and it starts to look sandy.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flax meal, milk, vinegar and pumpkin puree.
- Pour liquid mixture over the dry mixture. Using a wooden spoon, mix until a dough forms. Add more all-purpose baking mix if too sticky.
- Scoop out 1/4 cups full of batter onto prepared baking pan and bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Let cool for five minutes.
- Pour glaze over scones and sprinkle with hazelnuts.
- Add 1 tablespoon cocoa powder for a chocolate icing.
- Substitute coffee, almond, lemon, or other extract for the vanilla for different flavors.